You are glad that you know, but you always thought that you knew your husband so well. Finding out that your husband had been meeting with one of the family law attorneys in the area caught you totally off guard. Although you have suggested counseling, it is very evident that he has already made a decision, so it looks like it would be in your best interest to find your own legal help in preparing for the next stage in your life.
Every situation is different, but no matter how amicable you think a divorce might be, it is always important to make sure that you are able to get the legal advice that you need. From meeting with your own family law attorneys, for instance, you can prepare for any situation that might occur. Naively thinking that you will get through the divorce proceeding without any problem is not really preparing you for the reality that can be divorce.
Are You Looking for Legal Advice for an Upcoming Divorce?
Finding a legal representative to help you navigate an unfamiliar setting like a divorce is often the best decision. The timing of finding a group of family law attorneys, in fact, is often the difference between a successful ending to a divorce and a financial disaster. Without a legal representative looking out for your best interests, in fact, you may not even be able to predict what is going to happen next week, let alone what the implications will be a year from now. Although every divorce is different, consider some of these statistics about a legal situation that benefits from the help of family law attorneys:
- The odds are that you, or someone close to you, has been through a divorce. The statistics show, in fact, that an increasing number of people find that they are in failing marriages.
- How you function in a divorce, is often a result of how well you are prepared. Getting prepared is one of the reasons for meeting with an attorney.
- Estimates indicate that the average divorce proceeding lasts about a year.
- Research also indicates that the average divorce costs between $15,000 and $30,000.
- In America, 1.5 million children’s parents divorce every year. For this reason, it is also important to talk to someone about child custodial issues.
- Going into a marriage, most people do not even realize that after 10 years, the probability of a first marriage ending is 33%. The fact of the matter is, you need to be ready to get advice immediately if your marriage is in trouble.
- Having a legal representative on your side is often the answer to making sure that you are prepared for the next step in the divorce process.
- The statistics show that the probability of a first marriage ending in separation or divorce within five years is 20%.
- Approximately 10% of the U.S. population is divorced.
- Divorce cases can often be settled outside of court. In fact, the vast majority of all divorce cases, more than 95%, reach a settlement agreement before ever going into the courtroom.
- Visting with a child custody lawyer can help you make the best decisions about your children.
- Instead of being caught off guard, a family attorney can help you prepare for the papers that need to be signed, the next step that is coming, and what you can expect for the financial implications of your marriage ending.
- Considering that 80% of divorce cases are unilateral, meaning that one party wants the divorce and the other does not, is an indicator that most divorces would benefit from the advice of of a legal representative.
- Every time you question yourself about whether or not you should call and ask for legal advice, it might be wise to err on the side of caution. In the case of a divorce, it is better to know what to expect.
Making sure you get THE RIGHT ADVICE is important if you want to make sure that you make a good transition from being married to divorced. Making the mistake of thinking that you can handle all of the legal stages by yourself can be a mistake. HAving the advantage of knowing what is coming next in the legal process of a divorce can be both calming and wise.