It is easy for many people to get caught up in the moment when they are involved in an accident of any kind and assume that they will never again be safe. The reality is that things can be set right again with the help of accident lawyer advice.
Distracted driving is a leading reason why people go to see attorneys who handle car accidents. The fact that many people use smartphones while they are driving has led to massive increases in the amount of distracted driving that takes place out on the roads every day. It is hardly any wonder then that you will want to search for attorney near me car accident as soon as possible to get the best possible advice regarding your situation and how you can seek some justice from the courts.
Even if you are not injured in the accident physically speaking, you still might want to look for an accident attorney no injury to see what they can do for you get the assistance you require to settle your case. You may still be entitled to some compensation for emotional damages that occurred. Check with your attorney and see what they can potentially do to help you out.
If you’ve been hurt in an auto accident, calling a car accident attorney could be the most important call you make after you get timely medical attention. Here’s why it’s important that you do this quickly.
- Insurance companies move fast. The goal of an insurance company is to make money. This does not mean that a company is cheating anyone deliberately; it just means that they are a business and businesses exist to earn income. It’s in the best interest of the insurance company to pay as little as possible for any settlement. They have a strong incentive to find whatever reason they can to withhold or lessen payments. If you been hurt by a car because of the negligence of the driver or because of a faulty piece of equipment in that car, it’s a good idea to call an auto accident attorney quickly and find out what you should say when the insurance company calls. In fact, the insurance company will most likely try to contact you immediately after the accident, possibly before you’ve learned the full harm that you’ve suffered from the event. Injuries from car accidents sometimes do not fully manifest until later. Once you tell the insurance company that you have an attorney, they will contact your attorney instead.
- You may not know everything you need to do to build a case. In the aftermath, it’s very important to consolidate all the evidence available and the testimony of witnesses. Witnesses can disappear quickly, evidence can degrade, and people will just forget what happened. If you call an auto accident attorney quickly, you can make sure your case is built before it’s too late.
- You may not fully grasp what you’ve suffered. If you’ve never been seriously injured before, you might not have the frame of reference to understand all the harm that you sustained. This would include things like wages you’ve lost because you could not work, or a lower future earning capacity because you now have a disability. You may be thinking about the medical treatment you’ve already sustained but don’t really know how to calculate what medical attention you might need in the future. A competent auto accident attorney has a lot of experience in these areas and will be able to advise you on what the accident really means and what compensation you should seek.
- You may not be emotionally ready to deal with the accident. Car accidents are traumatic events, even if you don’t experience an immediate devastating injury. Personal injuries include more than just broken bones and strained necks. They can also include emotional trauma that shows itself later when you least expect it. Because the car accident can be so traumatic, it is not uncommon for a person to agree to anything an insurance company or the other party might suggest in order to have it all done with and put behind them. While this is understandable, in a good auto accident attorney you have a real relationship with a person who cares about you and your needs. Not just any person, either, but a person with skill and experience in helping people get through just such an event as you have suffered. Your car accident attorney is ready to take the pressure and emotion off your back and deal with resolving the issues when you can’t.
- You have lost enough already. A car accident is going to disrupt your life. It causes you to miss time at work, makes it more difficult for you to take care of your family for a while, and may interfere with your sleep and even your ability to cook for yourself. You don’t want to waste any more time in filing paperwork, talking with the insurance company, and negotiating with all the parties involved. You’ve lost enough time already, so let your auto accident attorney take things from here.
If you’ve been hurt by another driver, it’s best to contact a lawyer as soon as possible. This way you can focus on recovery while still getting the help and compensation you deserve.