A Short Guide to Personal Injury

If you or a love one has been involved in an auto accident, no matter how minor or severe it might seem, you need expert legal advice right away. One of the most important things you can do following an automobile accident is to get in touch with one of your local auto accident law firms. These experts can help you get through all the legal red tape and confusing personal injury documents that are part of the injury litigation process.

With expert help and assistance from the very start, you can be sure you have someone with you who has your best interest in mind. Local personal injury attorneys have training and experience to work with a range of cases and can provide legal counsel to personal injury victims.

They can answer all of your questions regarding your case and the typical personal injury payouts that can be possible with a case like yours. No matter what the circumstances are, these legal experts can help ensure you get a fair hearing and that you get the compensation that you deserve!

Looking for a personal injury attorney

One of the major areas of lawsuits in America are personal injury lawsuits. Over 31 million injuries occur in the United States each year, and many of them do result in a personal injury case or litigation. Here is a short guide to what personal injury is, what liability refers to, and when an injured person needs to hire a lawyer.

What is personal injury?
Personal injury refers to a case in which a person suffers a bodily injury — usually as a result of the negligence or direct action of another person. There are a number of different causes of personal injuries, from medical malpractice, to slip and fall accidents, and motor vehicle accidents (like motorcycle and car accidents).

What is personal injury liability?
Liability refers to the legal responsibility of the parties involved in the personal injury case. This can sometimes be hard to identify and can actually be split between the parties. In some cases, one party is not 100% liable for the injury but did cause it by some level of negligence. This is usually split in a percentage if the injured person was partly responsible for his or her injury because of carelessness.

Do all cases need a personal injury lawyer?
The thing about personal injury cases is that not all of them become lawsuits. In fact, the majority of these types of cases are settled outside of court — between 95% and 96%. This means that the injured person, the liable party, and the liable party’s insurer come to an agreement and settle without ever going to court. The other 4% to 5%, of course, do go to court, but plaintiffs only win half of the time when they do. A lawyer will be helpful in either case, since he or she will be able to negotiate with insurance companies and represent you in court.

Do you have any other questions about what personal injury is, what liability is, and the necessity of hiring a lawyer? Feel free to ask us in the comments section. Find out more at this site.

Leave a Reply

Related Post

Follow by Email