Does Marijuana Use Contribute to Increased Car Accidents? and Other Questions About DUI Auto Crashes

Truck accident lawyer

“Am I a victim of DUI?” This is a question you may find yourself asking if you were recently in a car accident. Auto accidents are some of the world’s biggest killers, and more than half of all road deaths in the United States affect 15- to 44-year-olds. If you’ve been in a crash and been seriously injured, you may wonder how to receive compensation for the accident.

Additionally, you may have other questions, such as “Who should I call after a car accident?” or “Does marijuana use contribute to increased car accidents?” Here are the answers to your questions along with information on how to find a personal injury attorney.

Who should I call after a car accident?

If you have just been in an accident, you’ll need to call 911 to report the incident. After you have done that and sought medical attention, you would then consider hiring an auto accident attorney. Make sure that you get recommendations from friends and family or find a law firm in your area that has proven successes in the past.

Am I a victim of DUI?

This is a question that many drivers will have after an accident. If the officer at the scene suspected that the other driver was under the influence, he or she will have been tested for drugs or alcohol and/or given a field sobriety test at the scene. You should be able to obtain an accident report with this information after the incident.

Does marijuana use contribute to increased car accidents?

Many people wonder whether marijuana can also lead to a car accident, especially a serious one. Since legalizing marijuana in Colorado, the state has actually seen significant declines in highway fatalities as of 2014, according to the Colorado Dept. of Transportation. However, marijuana is still a psychoactive drug and can affect people in different ways. It is still illegal to drive under the influence of marijuana in all states.

Do you have more questions about your accident? Be sure to speak with a lawyer to address your concerns. You should be able to meet with one for a free consultation. Have any general questions? Leave a comment.

Leave a Reply

Follow by Email