You never really thought that taking the time to find lawyers would be part of your Christmas celebrations, but when you are a parent you do what you need to do. And when your oldest son was arrested for driving while intoxicated you knew that even though it was Christmas Eve you would need to put everything aside and find lawyers who might be able tot get your son home to enjoy Christmas with the rest of the family. You can take care of the charges and the ramifications later, as long as you can get him home tonight.
Without any injuries involved, you are thankful that you are not dealing with any personal injury claims. Finding the right kind of legal advice on a holiday will not be easy, but you are hopeful that you will find the help you need tonight so you can still celebrate the holidays.
If you have to find an attorney over the holiday weekends it is important to make sure that you still take the time to find someone who is experienced in the kind of help that you need. Personal injury lawsuits, for instance, require legal advice from attorneys that have experience in those kinds of cases. If, however, you have been injured at work you want to look for a workers compensation attorney. An attorney who is experienced in the kind of help that you need may help you find the best solutions that are available.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many reasons that people find themselves looking for legal advice:
- 3,906 trucks were involved in fatal crashes in the year 2013, according to the U.S. Department of Transportation.
- 5.4 million non-fatal car crashes occur every year in America.
- 3,154 people were killed in motor vehicle crashes involving distracted drivers, and about 424,000 people were injured in the year 2013.
- More than 30,000 fatal car accidents occurred on U.S. roads in the year 2014.
- 32% of all car crash fatalities are from drunk driving; 31% are from speeding; 16% are from distracted driving, and 11% are from weather.
- 74% of states require all employers to have workers’ comp coverage.
If your holiday season is starting off with the news of a driving while intoxicated arrest for one of your children, it is important to make sure that you get the help you need sooner rather than later.