It is at the toughest times in our lives when we find out who are real friends are. Whether you are facing a boat accident, a foreclosure, or an estate planning challenge, though, friends and family are not always enough. In fact, while friends and family members are a part of a normal support system, there are many times in our lives when it is in out best interest to seek out legal counsel.
Financial situations and personal injury situations are just two examples of the many times when seeking the advice of a legal representative is in your best interest. From maritime injury lawyers to estate planning, it is important to get expert legal advice. In fact, any time that you are facing unchartered territory it is in your best interest to make sure that you are getting a legal opinion about the options that may be available to you.
Securities fraud attorneys and probate litigation attorneys all offer some very specific kinds of services, so making sure that you find a lawyer with the right kind of experience is essential. Consider some of these situations where a specialized attorney can help you figure out what your next step might be:
- Operator inexperience was a contributing factor in 391 boating accidents in the year 2014, so a maritime injury lawyer may help you hold the responsible party accountable if you have been a victim of a boating accident.
- $38.87 million was the total property damage caused by recreational boating accidents in the U.S. in 2014.
- There were 633 corporate fraud pending cases in 2014 that likely required the help of a securities fraud attorney.
- There were 1,510 pending Securities and Commodities Fraud cases in 2009, according to the latest data from the FBI.
- In comparison, there were 1,639 securities and commodities fraud pending cases iIn 2014.
- In 2015, the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) charged Deutsche Bank AG with filing misstated financial reports during the financial crisis. Asa result, Deutsche Bank agreed to pay a $55 million penalty.
Having the right resources is often the difference in success and failure. When it comes to legal challenges, most people are far better off if they find a legal resource that can serve as a sounding board and a resource if needed.